On Sunday, June 17, families all over the United States will take time to honor the fathers in their lives. Many family members will show how much they love dad by giving him a new necktie, shirt, set of screwdrivers or other similar gifts. Kick off your Father’s Day celebration with this short famous-fathers inspired quiz:
- One of our nation’s Founding Fathers, George Washington (who never had children of his own), had wooden dentures. True or false?
- A Harris Poll in 2009 asked the question, “Who is America’s Favorite TV Dad?” Was it Cliff Huxtable of “The Cosby Show,” Mike Brady of “The Brady Bunch,” Archie Bunker of “All in the Family” or Homer Simpson of “The Simpsons”?
- What is the nickname of the book/movie featuring the character “Don Vito Corleone”? Father Time, The Godfather or Daddy Warbucks?
- Who is known as the “Father of Invention”? Steve Jobs, Leonardo Da Vinci, or Thomas Edison?
- In the 1991 movie “Father of the Bride,” who plays the role of the uptight dad George Banks: Ted Danson, Tom Hanks, Steve Martin or Martin Short?
- False. Contrary to folklore, George Washington never had wooden teeth. Instead, he had teeth made of gold and hippopotamus ivory.
- Cliff Huxtable of “The Cosby Show.”
- The Godfather.
- Thomas Edison.
- Steve Martin.