If you’re looking for green ideas that’ll make your home a shining light in the ongoing battle against unnecessary energy waste, consider some (or all) of these environmentally friendly products that are available on the market today.
• Alternative Lighting Solutions – Not only can you buy energy efficient light bulbs and solar powered flashlights, but you can now even buy decorative holiday lights that’ll keep the spirit of the season alive while using 90 percent less energy. Let’s see your neighbors top that.
• Water Savers – Low flow toilets are the government mandated standard these days, but you don’t have to stop there. There are numerous green ideas for your bathroom, including low flow shower heads that save half the water, as well as other smart bathroom fixtures, such as automatic shut off faucets that act as gentle enforcers of water conservation.
• Bio Cleaners – Speaking of your bathroom, the market is full of environmentally friendly products that you can use to keep your tub, toilet, and sink impeccably clean without having to worry about draining toxic materials into the water supply. Look for all purpose cleaners that are non-toxic and biodegradable.
• Eco-Friendly Pest Control – Just because you’re committed to embracing green ideas doesn’t mean you have to put up with pests creeping around your home. These days, doing so doesn’t mean you have to pollute the environment with toxic insecticides.
• Energy Star® Appliances – Give your home a once-over to ensure that all of the appliances you’re using are Energy Star® rated, and replace anything that isn’t. This goes for everything from your washer/dryer to your refrigerator. This is an effective move that will not only lower your monthly energy bills, but will also greatly decrease the amount of carbons you’re putting out into the environment.
Second to their effectiveness at reducing pollution and limiting environmental harm, buying environmentally friendly products is a great way of letting the manufacturers of these products know that as long as they offer eco friendly solutions, you’ll continue to be a loyal customer. The more people vote with their wallets in this way, the more companies will continue to work on green ideas to make their products even more environmentally sound.