Tight budgets can keep the reins on family entertainment and activities, but you don’t have to shell out a lot of money to have fun with dad. Dads love just about anything that involves having their family around. Just use your imagination and keep in mind dad’s interests and energy level when deciding which Father’s Day activities to pursue.
Tight budgets can keep the reins on family entertainment and activities, but you don’t have to shell out a lot of money to have fun with dad. Dads love just about anything that involves having their family around. Just use your imagination and keep in mind dad’s interests and energy level when deciding which Father’s Day activities to pursue.Read More
Americans have been setting aside time in June to celebrate dads since the early 20th Century. However, Father’s Day only became an official observance in 1972, when President Richard Nixon signed the law establishing it as a permanent national holiday. Mother’s Day had already been an official holiday for 58 years.Read More
The good news is that you don’t have to spend a lot on a great gift for Father’s Day. With a little creativity, you may not even have to spend anything.Read More
A time-honored tradition of Father’s Day remains the backyard barbecue. Hamburgers and hot dogs usually top the menu, but consider some healthier alternatives. We all want to have dad around for a long time.
According to doctors and nutrition experts, dietary choices play a big role in maintaining good health throughout life. Here are some healthy barbecue recipes to consider when planning a cookout in honor of dad:Read More
On Sunday, June 17, families all over the United States will take time to honor the fathers in their lives. Many family members will show how much they love dad by giving him a new necktie, shirt, set of screwdrivers or other similar gifts. Kick off your Father’s Day celebration with this short famous-fathers inspired quiz:
- One of our nation’s Founding Fathers, George Washington (who never had children of his own), had wooden dentures. True or false?
- A Harris Poll in 2009 asked the question, “Who is America’s Favorite TV Dad?” Was it Cliff Huxtable of “The Cosby Show,” Mike Brady of “The Brady Bunch,” Archie Bunker of “All in the Family” or Homer Simpson of “The Simpsons”?
- What is the nickname of the book/movie featuring the character “Don Vito Corleone”? Father Time, The Godfather or Daddy Warbucks?
- Who is known as the “Father of Invention”? Steve Jobs, Leonardo Da Vinci, or Thomas Edison?
- In the 1991 movie “Father of the Bride,” who plays the role of the uptight dad George Banks: Ted Danson, Tom Hanks, Steve Martin or Martin Short?