The heart of Mother’s Day is family togetherness. This makes it all-important to find an activity that the whole family can enjoy, while making mom the focus. So what’s the best way to accomplish both? Take the group outside to work on a project that will honor mom – and Mother Nature.
The heart of Mother’s Day is family togetherness. This makes it all-important to find an activity that the whole family can enjoy, while making mom the focus. So what’s the best way to accomplish both? Take the group outside to work on a project that will honor mom – and Mother Nature.Read More
You don’t have to break the bank on Mother’s Day to make mom happy. Often times, it’s the sentiment – not the price tag – that matters most. And with a little creativity, time and effort, you can put something together that will make mom feel just as special as she is to your family.Read More
Celebrating all the women who enrich our lives!
It’s such a wonderful rite of spring: the bond we celebrate with our mothers every year on the second Sunday in May. When Mother’s Day arrives this year, we’ll once again pull out all the stops to show how much we care. We’ll say it with flowers, fancy dinners out, hugs, phone calls and cards to express our heartfelt message: “We love you, Mom.”Read More
In the United States, Mother’s Day has become as American as, well, the apple pies that some moms bake. Believe it or not, that wasn’t always the case. Up until 1914, when this special day was designated a national holiday, there was no official celebration to honor moms. Of course, families didn’t need the government’s stamp of approval to make mom feel special, but Mother’s Day certainly is a great reminder for sons, daughters and families to honor these special women. Take our Mother’s Day Quiz to see if you’re as smart as your mother always said you were.
- Which President designated Mother’s Day as a national observance: Woodrow Wilson, Herbert Hoover or Calvin Coolidge?
- Mother’s Day is celebrated on which day: the first Sunday in May, the second Sunday in May or the third Sunday in May?
- According to the U.S. Census Bureau, how many women in the U.S. are mothers: 44.6 million, 82.5 million, or 136 million?
- How old was Satyabhama Mahapatra, the oldest woman to give birth, when she had her first and only child: 65, 70 or 75 years old?
- Which TV mom said, “You can never raise a hand to a child. Just stop cutting the crust off their sandwiches. They’ll get the message.”: Marion Cunningham (Happy Days), Marge Simpson (The Simpsons) or Jill Taylor (Home Improvement)?
Before you read the rest of this article, know that it may change your life forever. If you give mom the gift described below, she may never stop hugging you. Imagine how difficult that would make going to work or how hard it would be to attend school with mom sitting right by your side all day long. Still, if Mother’s Day is about making mom feel special, this gift is sure to please. And best of all, you’ll only need two things: a video recorder and your family.
As you may have already figured out, you’re going to make a video for the special mom in your life. What kind of video? Well, that’s really up to you, but we’ve got some great ideas to get you moving in the right direction.