How much do you know about the history of digital technology? Take our quiz to see if you’re up in the Cloud or down with the dinosaurs:
1. Which company was one of the first to launch the personal computer revolution in the mid 1970s with its TRS-80 computer?
2. Handheld computers were created for corporate executives as a replacement for paper organizers. Which company was the first to debut this creation?
c. Hewlett Packard
3. The first handheld phone became commercially available in what year?
4. The word Internet comes from “Inter-Networking,” the description for several computer networks linked together. In what year was the term “Internet” first coined?
5. Digital Television (DTV) is an advanced broadcasting technology that offers better picture and sound quality and multiple channels. In what year was the world’s first satellite digital television service launched in the U.S.?
1. a. RadioShack
2. d. Atari, the Atari Portfolio, released in 1989, was the world’s first handheld computer, two years later it appeared in the film, “Terminator 2.”
3. a. 1983
4. d. 1981, around the time that IBM launched its first IBM PC in the U.S., which used Microsoft Software MS DOS
5. a. 1994, on June 17, by DirecTV