The kids, the laundry, the job, the bills – when is there time to exercise? Fact is, if you don’t exercise, you won’t be able to take care of the kids, the laundry, etc… Here’s how you can do a squat here and some cardio there, when you seemingly don’t have even a minute to call your own.
• Walk around the neighborhood. Bring your child along in a stroller or carry your child in a baby carrier or sling.
• Jump rope or jump on your kid’s trampoline. It’s great cardio and great “together time.”
• Dance. Gather the kids, put on their favorite music and shake those hips.
• Do squats, lunges, calf raises and crunches. You can do one exercise while watching TV, another while brushing your teeth, and another before showering.
• Take the stairs whenever you can. Ten minutes a day of this and your legs and glutes will thank you.
Try to make it a habit to do something good for yourself – such as exercising. Even with little time on your hands, you can aim to fit it all in, so you can be fit and fabulous.
“A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.”
—Tenneva Jordan, author