For many families, Thanksgiving Day – which this year falls on Thursday, November 22nd – marks the beginning of the holiday season. It is a beautiful holiday that encourages us to count our blessings, just as our Pilgrim forefathers did throughout Thanksgiving history.
As Thanksgiving approaches, there are reminders everywhere of the abundance of the things that truly matter: loving families, good friends, plentiful food and the simple joys of nature. As the spirit of the season spreads this timely message, it also offers a gentle reminder that there are others less generously blessed.
Gerber Life provides you with fun Thanksgiving facts and history through our Thanksgiving quiz. Test your Turkey Day skills below.
1. The Macy’s Day Parade takes place in which city?
2. True or False: More people travel during Thanksgiving than during any other holiday.
3. Which of these foods was not part of the first Thanksgiving feast: turkey, shellfish, deer or cranberries?
4. Which televised sport has become associated with Thanksgiving Day: hockey, baseball, football or tennis?
5. A male turkey is called a Tim, Tom, Ted, or Tex?
1. New York City