The word “kind” is defined by the Merriam-Webster’s Dictionary as “having or showing a gentle nature and a desire to help others; wanting and liking to do good things and to bring happiness to others.”
World Kindness Day is November 13. On this day, Gerber Life would like to challenge all of us to show a desire to inspire and do good things for others by choosing one of the following 10 ways to show kindness. Should you join in accepting our challenge, let us know how on our Facebook thread.
1. Genuinely compliment at least three people.
2. Send a sincere, handwritten note to someone.
3. Smile to and greet at least two strangers.
4. Pick up trash, and encourage others to join you.
5. Place encouraging notes in public places, such as grocery store check-out lines, in library books, on restroom mirrors, or on a co-worker’s desk.
6. Dedicate 24 hours to spreading positivity, both online and offline.
7. Hold or post motivational signs.
8. Show genuine gratitude to people who provide a service to you, such as a waiter, bus driver, superintendent, teacher, or school-crossing guard.
9. Give flowers to a friend.
10. Call, text and/or email five random people in your contact list with words of affirmation (Examples: You are a fantastic ________; I appreciate it when you ______; I love you because _____, etc.).
On World Kindness Day and every day, let’s all remember that small acts of kindness can make a very large difference in another person’s world. We can’t wait to see how you show kindness to the people in your life!
Inspired by http://www.randomactsofkindness.org